A CREATIVE JOURNAL, HOMETOWN – SHOP SHELFIE, WEEK 2
FEARTURED OBJECT – A CREATIVE JOURNAL
The Journal. Early journaling was mostly to record public events, however over time diary writing shifted from public to private reflection. Many creatives have famously used journaling as part of their process, and in modern society it’s used as a therapeutic process for well-being and unravelling thoughts.
Hometown Journal is designed to help you see and experience local life in a bright new way. Perspective is everything and this creative journal helps in fostering a new outlook. In a world of disconnection and increased sense of loneliness (Aisling Bee created a brilliant tv series on this) The activities and prompts in this book inspire mini-adventures, mindfulness, connections with nature, sustainability and community spirit. All of which help build a greater sense of belonging within a community and place.
Created by Hannah Bevan, a creative who lives by the sea in Falmouth, and founder and editor at inFalmouth magazine.
Hannah spent many years moving from town to city, never quite settling in one place. In 2016 Hannah moved to Falmouth, a place she had always been drawn to. “Falmouth is an amazing place to live by many people standards but soon after arriving I began to understand that the feeling of “home” I desired was as much within myself as it was in a place”
Arriving alone Hannah adopted a more open attitude to making friends, new experiences and exploring. The people she met, the activities she was doing, helped her to see things differently. She felt happier and the world seemed brighter. This attitude led her to create inFalmouth magazine and earlier this year Hometown Journal.
Josie Staveley Tylor is a freelance illustrator based in Oxford who created all the bright and bold illustrations in the journal.
WHY WE LOVE HOMETOWN JOURNAL
- The illustrations and designs are inspired by the colourful houses of Bristol, the city where Lulubells was created.
- Inspires mini-adventures, mindfulness, connections with nature, sustainability and community spirit. All things we value very much here.
- Ideal staycation companion. A fun project for the family or to do on your own.
- Great gift for someone moving to a new place, to help them explore, meet people and build a sense of home.
- Simple designs, bold colours and joyful illustrations by Josie Staveley Taylor.
- A mix between a scrap, sketch and note book. I love how tactile it is when filled, with prompts to collect postcards, newspaper cuttings. The process helps to connect with our inner child and play in a way we don’t as adults.
- Designed and printed in the UK.
- Nurtures creativity in an accessible and simple way.
- Encourages gratitude.
- Greater sense of community and pride towards where you live.
HOMETOWN JOURNAL IS PART OF THE UNDER THE CANVAS COLLECTION, AND AVAILABLE TO BUY HERE AT £12.99